Internet of Things (IoT)
Turning what you have into what you need
They are out there already—millions of phones with GPS, trucks with telematics, pumps and pipes with sensors that measure temperature, pressure, and volume. So what’s all the hype about the IoT?
IoT, the Internet of Things, is changing the way things, people, businesses, and organizations connect, work, play, and learn. It is enabling new models of business and new interactions between people, between devices, between people and devices.
Driven by the lowering costs of sensors, storage, and computing technologies and the prevalence of smart devices and wireless networks, IoT offers unprecedented opportunity for engagement with products and will make a profound impact on our social, political, and economic systems. They will play an increasingly important role in our everyday lives and allow the exchange of information, improvement of services and operations, and deliver of more of what we need when we need it.
- Connected fleets improve customer service via more efficient routes and improved driving skills that lead to lower cost and faster service.
- Connected routes increase sales and reduce loss and shrinkage with IP cameras or RFID and barcode systems that tie directly into back office systems.
- Connected schools improve student safety and deliver peace of mind to parents who need to know that their child is on the bus and set to arrive at home or at school at the time expected.
- Connected retail increase customer interaction and improve customer satisfaction.
- Connected manufacturing converges OT and IoT to streamline processes and improve the bottom line.
- Connected exploration, production and services converges OT and IoT to eliminate the distance between remote sites and the board room and deliver real-time data to the experts and decision-makers who need it.
Delivering outcomes that drive success
Figuring out what you have and what you need to achieve the full potential of IoT requires a unique and powerful partner like GDT.
The GDT Internet of Things services team knows technology—networks, data centers, beacons, smartphones, access points and applications, analytics, data warehousing and data storage. We understand how infrastructure integrates with and contributes to the user experience and we have the ability to leverage a focused, secure ecosystem that collects data from diverse and unrelated sources and enables the analysis of real-time data that leads to actionable intelligence.
On the forefront of the IoT evolution, GDT is spearheading the City of the Future initiative in Dallas’ Deep Ellum, a storied, revelry-centric neighborhood that is once again reinventing itself with massive revitalization projects. Alongside industry leaders like Cisco, SAP, Intel, LG-MRI, AXIS and many more, GDT will soon change the way we interact with cities – and the way our cities interact with us.
The team has the multi-vendor expertise to deliver vendor-agnostic solutions. We partner with innovators and leaders in business and technology with a goal of providing thought and action leadership that educates our clients on potential impacts and benefits.
That being said, our Internet of Things services team treats technology as a means, not the end. Our greatest value is not in delivering devices for our customer to use, but that we use the latest devices, applications and infrastructures to deliver outcomes that drive innovation and success for the long run.
Take advantage of the IoT evolution
In our own backyard, we’re on the verge of demonstrating the seemingly boundless array of possibilities that exists within the framework of the IoT evolution. GDT can help you take advantage of never before seen opportunities for efficiency and interaction, making you more relevant in the short-term and more profitable in the long-run.