Cabling & layer one
Step one: layer one
Cabling & Layer One is one of the first things you should take into consideration. It is for GDT.
Before starting an install, before sending an installer to your site, we pre-site survey and EF&I scope your layer one, structured cabling, and data center in order to know even the most minute details about your business and operation. We know what cabinets or racks are needed and the exact location of where they need to go. We know the type and location of all power sources and exactly how far cords and cables need to reach. We identify needed infrastructure and the overhead framework, racks, fiber trough and ducts required for fiber protection.
Our EF&I services help reduce risk and better your project’s outcome
As with all GDT professional services, our Layer One Team offers exceptional service and goes beyond the expected to accomplish your job as quickly as possible. We ensure that all necessary materials are on hand and available before the project start date and before we leave, we complete a quality audit. That audit ensures our installers have cleaned up your existing closets and confined spaces to not only provide a professional appearance, but also give you reliability and efficiency, scalability and manageability, and ease of tracing during challenge resolution.
Expert installers and engineers covering the US
GDT has expertise in EF&I scoping, data center design, logistics, and installation on projects that include the networks and data centers of some of the largest service providers in the United States. Our expertise encompasses the technologies and services of a wide variety of vendors that include Cisco and all partners within the Cisco partner ecosystem.
- >150 installers and installation engineers covering the US and onsite for every project
- Level 3 and 4 Central Office installers skilled in complex service provider and data center installs
- Certified RCDD, CFCE, CFOT, CDCP and more
- Experienced with GR-1275, ATT-TP-76300, NSTD-119, IP-722202 requirements, standards, and practices and certified by all major service provider to work in their facilities
- Quality Auditors provide post-install inspections
GDT is known for getting the job done—be it during the day, at night, or over the weekend—and for keeping your organization up and running with as little inconvenience as possible.
Quality and custom products and services
As a technology integrator and a manufacturer of custom fiber optic and copper cable assemblies, GDT is able to offer quality products and services with optimum turnaround times.
Our extensive inventory includes single strand fiber up to 144 strand fiber with large strand counts available in single-mode, multi-mode, distribution or micro distribution style, armored, indoor or outdoor, plenum, riser or LSZH with all connector types. We specialize in multi-strand fiber trunks designed with multiple breakout configurations that are custom built to fit your requirements.
GDT offers custom fiber-optic assemblies in all configurations, connectors and fiber counts.
- Copper cable assemblies, Cat5, 5e, 6 and 6a
- Flexible solutions that reduce costs and save space
- 100% testing of all fiber and copper assemblies
- Limited lifetime warranties on all products we build
- Quick turn delivery that can include same day shipping
- Inventory that is tailored to meet customer requirements
- Consulting services for cable management and optimization
- Connectivity solutions such as SAN, LAN, WAN, DWDM and more